Guidelines for contributors
- Contributors are invited to submit articles on Malay studies of the Malay World. Authors are requested to adhere to the guidelines below:
The title page must include:
- Title of article
- Author's full name
- Author's address
- Author's affiliation and institution
- Author's e-mail address
- Articles written in Malay and English.
- Text submitted must be original and must not have been published in any media, printed or online.
- Articles should be between 5000 and 8000 words in length, including abstract, endnotes, appendices and references.
- The title of the article must be included together with the abstract on the first page of the text.
- The text should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced.
- A maximum of three levels of headings should be used. These should be numbered accordingly.
- Articles containing unreadable symbols or spelling in Microsoft Word should be submitted in PDF format.
- Abstrak antara 150 hingga 250 patah perkataan.
- Abstrak perlu mengandungi tujuan kajian, metodologi yang digunakan, jenis data, analisis, dapatan dan kesimpulan ringkas.
- Abstrak dalam bahasa Melayu dan bahasa Inggeris.
- Six keywords in both Malay and English.
- Should be kept to a minimum and only endnotes are allowed.
- Should be placed at the end of the main text.
- Must state.
- References should follow American Psychological Association (APA) style (7th Edition).
- Articles must include authoritative references.
- Must exceed 15 references including references from journals.
- Must include complete information and latest references.
- Every work cited must be included in the References section.
- Examples of APA Style are as follows:
Articles in journals:
Milner A. C. (1980). A missionary source for a biography of Munshi Abdullah. Journal Malaysian Branch Royal Asiatic Society (JMBRAS), III(1).
Tenas Affendy (2013). Kearifan pemikiran orang Melayu. Riau: Tenas Affendy Fundation.
Ahimsa-Putra, H. S. (2011). Kearifan tempatan dan jati diri bangsa. Kertas kerja dalam Seminar Kearifan Tempatan, Langkawi, 10 - 11 Oktober 2011.
- State in the text the author's name, the year of publication and the page number, e.g. (Rudolf Mrazek, 1996:604).
- Nadon, S.m., Koverola, C., & Schludermann, E. H. (1998). Antecedents to Prostitution: Childhood victimization. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. http://www.acessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-20471962/antecedents-prostitution-childhood. Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- It is a condition of publication that the author of the article assigns publication rights (copyright or license) to DBP for publication both in print and online (journal). (Download Declaration and Copyright Assignment Form)
- If the author wishes to republish the article(s), he or she must seek permission from DBP and proper acknowledgement must be made.