Guidelines for contributors
- Contributors are invited to submit articles on literature of the Malay World. Authors are requested to adhere to the guidelines below:
The title page must include:
- Title of article
- Author's full name
- Author's address
- Author's affiliation and institution
- Author's e-mail address
- Articles written in English and Malay.
- Text submitted must be original and must not have been published in any media, printed or online.
- Articles should be between 4000 and 8000 words in length, including abstract, endnotes, appendices and references.
- The title of the article must be included together with the abstract on the first page of the text.
- The text should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced.
- A maximum of three levels of headings should be used. These should be numbered accordingly.
- Articles in or containing Jawi script should be submitted in pdf format in addition to Microsoft Word.
- All articles should begin with an abstract of 200-250 words.
- The abstract must include objective, theoretical framework, analysis and findings.
- These should appear after the abstract and not exceed 10 words.
- These should be kept to a minimum and should be placed at the end of the main text.
- All references cited in the text should be listed alphabetically. When citing works by the same author in the same year, use letters a, b, c etc. to distinguish citations.
- References from distinguished resources are preferred.
- All references cited in the text should be presented in the following style:
-Articles in journals:
Ruzy Suliza Hashim. (2008). Gender on the Agenda: The Story of Hang Li Po Revisited in Malay Literature, 21:1, 1935.
Muhammad Haji Salleh. (2000). Rowing Down Two Rivers. Bangi: Penerbit UKM.
Zalipour, Arezou. (2009). From Poetics to the Romantic: Conceptual History of Imagination in Poetry. The 2009 Proceedings of International Conference on Social Humanities (ICSSH 2009). Singapore: IACSIT Publishing.
- State in the text the author's name, the year of publication and the page number, e.g. (Rudolf Mrazek, 1996:604).
- Nadon, S.m., Koverola, C., & Schludermann, E. H. (1998). Antecedents to Prostitution: Childhood victimization. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Http://www.acessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-20471962/antecedents-prostitution-childhood. Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- It is a condition of publication that the author of the article assigns publication rights (copyright or license) to DBP for publication both in print and online (journal). (Download Declaration and Copyright Assignment Form)
- If the author wishes to republish the article(s), he or she must seek permission from DBP and proper acknowledgement must be made.