Guidelines for contributors
Contributors are invited to submit articles on Malaysian law. Authors are requested to adhere to the guidelines below:
The title page must include:
- Title of article
- Author's full name
- Author's address
- Author's affiliation and institution
- Author's e-mail address
- Articles written in Malay.
- Text submitted must be original and must not have been published in any media, printed or online.
- Articles should be between 4000 and 8000 words in length, including abstract, endnotes, appendices and references.
- The title of the article must be included together with the abstract on the first page of the text.
- The text should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced.
- A maximum of three levels of headings should be used. These should be numbered accordingly.
- Articles in or containing Jawi script should be submitted in pdf format in addition to Microsoft Word.
- All articles should begin with an abstract of 200-250 words.
- The abstract must include objective, theoretical framework, analysis and findings.
- Abstract in Malay and English.
- Keywords in Malay and English. These should appear after the abstract and not exceed 10 words.
- Foot Notes and should be kept to a minimum.
- All references cited in the text should be listed alphabetically in APA style. When citing works by the same author in the same year, use letters a, b, c etc. to distinguish citations.
- All references cited in the text should be presented in the following style:
Articles in journals:
- Nandan, S. N., & Anderson, D. H. (2001). Straits used for international navigation: A commentary on Part III of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982. British Yearbook of International Law, 60(1), 159-204. doi: 10.1093/bybil/60.1.159
- Ibrahim Ismail. (2003). Agama Persekutuan:Jurisprudens Islam dalam Pentafsiran Perlembagaan. Kanun, 22(3), 20.
- M. Furse, (2008). Competition law of the EC and UK. Sixth Edition. Oxford University Press.
- Muhammad Jawwa Magniyyah. (1965). Fiqh al-Imam Ja'far al-Sidiq. Jilid 14. Dar al-'Ilm li al-Malayin.
- Hiroyuki Suzuki. (2012). Tibetan pigs revisited: Multiple piglets with a sow in Yunnan Tibetan and beyond -. The 1st International Conference of Asian Geolinguistics, 14 -15 December 2012 Aoyama Gakuin University.
- References from distinguished resources are preferred.
- State in the text the author's name, the year of publication and the page number, e.g. (Kamal Halili et al., 2009: 77-96).
- Nadon, S.m., Koverola, C., & Schludermann, E. H. (1998). Antecedents to Prostitution: Childhood victimization. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Http://www.acessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-20471962/antecedents-prostitution-childhood. Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- It is a condition of publication that the author of the article assigns publication rights (copyright or license) to DBP for publication both in print and online (journal).
- If the author wishes to republish the article(s), he or she must seek permission from DBP and proper acknowledgement must be made..