Guidelines for contributors
Contributors are invited to submit articles on Malaysian law. Authors are requested to adhere to the guidelines below:
The title page must include:
- Title of article
- Author's full name
- Author's address
- Author's affiliation and institution
- Author's e-mail address
- Articles written in Malay.
- Text submitted must be original and must not have been published in any media, printed or online.
- Articles should be between 4000 and 8000 words in length, including abstract, endnotes, appendices and references.
- The title of the article must be included together with the abstract on the first page of the text.
- The text should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced.
- A maximum of three levels of headings should be used. These should be numbered accordingly.
- Articles in or containing Jawi script should be submitted in pdf format in addition to Microsoft Word.
- All articles should begin with an abstract of 200-250 words.
- The abstract must include objective, theoretical framework, analysis and findings.
- Abstract in Malay and English.
- Keywords in Malay and English. These should appear after the abstract and not exceed 10 words.
- Foot Notes and should be kept to a minimum.
- All references cited in the text should be listed alphabetically in APA style. When citing works by the same author in the same year, use letters a, b, c etc. to distinguish citations.
- All references cited in the text should be presented in the following style:
Articles in journals:
- Nandan, S. N., & Anderson, D. H. (2001). Straits used for international navigation: A commentary on Part III of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982. British Yearbook of International Law, 60(1), 159-204. doi: 10.1093/bybil/60.1.159
- Ibrahim Ismail. (2003). Agama Persekutuan:Jurisprudens Islam dalam Pentafsiran Perlembagaan. Kanun, 22(3), 20.
- M. Furse, (2008). Competition law of the EC and UK. Sixth Edition. Oxford University Press.
- Muhammad Jawwa Magniyyah. (1965). Fiqh al-Imam Ja'far al-Sidiq. Jilid 14. Dar al-'Ilm li al-Malayin.
- Hiroyuki Suzuki. (2012). Tibetan pigs revisited: Multiple piglets with a sow in Yunnan Tibetan and beyond -. The 1st International Conference of Asian Geolinguistics, 14 -15 December 2012 Aoyama Gakuin University.
- References from distinguished resources are preferred.
- State in the text the author's name, the year of publication and the page number, e.g. (Kamal Halili et al., 2009: 77-96).
- Nadon, S.m., Koverola, C., & Schludermann, E. H. (1998). Antecedents to Prostitution: Childhood victimization. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Http://www.acessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-20471962/antecedents-prostitution-childhood. Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- It is a condition of publication that the author of the article assigns publication rights (copyright or license) to DBP for publication both in print and online (journal). (Download Declaration and Copyright Assignment Form)
- If the author wishes to republish the article(s), he or she must seek permission from DBP and proper acknowledgement must be made..